Saturday, October 8, 2022

Review: Thief by Hattie Jude

Thief by Hattie Jude
Series: Loxley Prep #2
Publication date: May 26th, 2022
Pages: 258
Spice: 🔥🔥🔥🔥

Synopsis:
Just when I thought I was making progress with Ronan, Wells, Abel, and Bishop, all hell breaks loose.

I don't know who to trust.

And the accusations flying around leave me wondering if I'm to blame for the chaos...

Or if I'm about to expose the truth once and for all.

More than my heart is at stake here.

Thief is the second book in the Loxley Prep reverse harem series.


Available at:



Review:
Abel is still not so easily won over by Lennon's claims of innocent as the others are. Even Bishop, who was firmly on Abel's side is starting to waffle and believe Lennon as an innocent bystander in everything. Now with someone else sneaking around their backyard taking incriminating pictures and offering them up for ransom, Lennon must lean on the unsteady companionship of her old friends and new love interests. But there seems to be more than just this new, fumbling enemy lurking in the shadows and Lennon will come face to face with the evil she thought was long buried.

Abel is absolutely cutthroat with the things he says and does. It's clear that he wants Lennon just as much as the other boys but for some reason he just will not let himself believe that they tormented and hated her all these years for nothing. With the true test of her loyalty on the horizon Abel starts to flounder a bit in his unwavering surety that Lennon is an enemy. The cliffhanger the book opened on made it seem like Abel was going to frame Lennon for Cassie's kidnapping and perhaps he considered it. Abel is the one guy I don't know whether I want to redeem himself. I kind of would like to see Lennon make him suffer a little bit. It's the least he deserves.

Bishop has finally seen the light even if he does still try to keep Lennon at arm's length which hurts her beyond belief. I felt my chest getting tight a few times when she looked at him with nothing but devotion and he seemed conflicted. I had no idea what he was so standoff-ish. Because he's her teacher? He is only a few years older than her. It's not that taboo! C'mon, Bishop! I have faith in you, man! You're still my favorite even if you're a bit of an asshole.

Lennon continues to be this absolute angel of a girl. She is so forgiving and so understanding that I just want to pinch her cheeks and wrap her in cotton so she doesn't break. Especially when the boys (ahem, Abel) are being more jerky than normal. I love discovering new facets of Lennon and also seeing how truly huge her heart is. Most girls would make these boys pay through the nose for the fact that they stole her family's money, bullied her, and then tried to forget her. But no, they try to pay her back and she gives the money back. Girl, I have never liked a female protagonist more!

The twists and turns don't stop! They just keep getting deeper. Just when you think you know the truth, nope, there is more. Who is the bad guy? Who is the good? Who deserves to pay? Who should be cut some slack? There are so many players on this board and I can't seem to see three moves ahead like I usually can. This is such a delightful series and I can't wait to dive into the final book!