Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Review: Blood of the Saints by Denver Rose


Blood of the Saints by Denver Rose
Publication date: October 28th, 2021
Pages: 689
Spice: 🔥🔥🔥🔥

Synopsis:
Good and Evil. Saints and Sinners.

How do we determine the difference between virtuous and immoral?

I found myself asking this over and over as I lay awake at night contemplating the consequences of one fatal mistake.

The lines are blurred between reality and my darkest desires while I fight the monsters in the shadows to protect the innocent around me.

Now I'm standing face-to-face with the three biggest monsters of all. Three devious, demented, and psychotic men who would do anything to see me break.

Ace Lennox, Theon Watson, and Blais Monroe are the definition of sinners.
A normal person would see them and run. I'm anything but normal.

Their torture and torment bring out the darkness looming under my skin. Wickedness I've been trying to keep locked away for years is threatening to escape.

If I let it consume me, there's no turning back.

The only question is:

Do I fight to be a saint or do I accept that I was born to be a sinner?

Blood of the Saints is a dark reverse harem standalone!

Trigger Warning: This book contains detailed sex scenes which may include dub-con or rough sex. This book also contains extreme violence, torture, and talk or flashbacks of abuse. This book is dark and recommended for 18+


Available at:




Review:
Zamira thought she was going into her assignment to try find out whether the men she had researched were kidnapping and making rich people disappear. She was to go deep undercover with no contact with the rest of her FBI brethren and touch base in three months time with anything she finds. Her determination to get information out of her first mark led her to a nightclub owned by three smoking hot men. They exuded darkness and trouble and as much as she would love to take any of them to bed, she had a job to do. But it would see that they are hunting her mark just as she is and now they see her as getting far too close to their operation. Their only choice is to take her captive and try to torture the information out of her. Why is the FBI looking into their club? Why is the blonde temptress with a shaky past thrusting herself into the mix? Why can't they seem to resist her draw even as they are convinced she is a liar?

This book was very Den of Vipers-esk. The captive angle, the torment and harshness to begin with that eventually evolves into more, and even the joining of forces to chase down a mutual foe. However, in Den of Vipers the heroes didn't torture their lady as the men do in this book. Some of the things they did to her made me grimace and wonder how she could ever forgive them for the things they did. In Den of Vipers there was not anything that made the guys irredeemable in Roxy's eyes. The brutality is where the two books separate.

The men all had their roles. Blais was the giggly psychopath with a light in his eyes that was the perfect mask for his darkness. Theon was the strong, silent type who was also very much a caregiver. Ace was the ultimate Dom who just wanted to have ultimate submission and control. I am always a sucker for the crazypants ones it seems as I did have a fondness for Diesel as well in Den of Vipers. They all complimented different aspects of Zamira's personality which made their dynamic work so well.

I had a lot of theories when it came to who would be the ultimate antagonist in this book. I had a working plot and motive for each of the suspects and they all would have made the story that much  more riveting. The book kept me guessing all along the way from trying to understand the guys' pasts to who was behind all of their problems.

I cannot think of a single thing that would have improved this story. I was sucked in and lost sleep while I devoured each and every page as if I'd go crazy if I didn't keep going. Denver Rose has found a place among my favorite authors and I look forward to reading and reviewing more of her work.