Saturday, September 4, 2021

Review: Cash by Ruby Vincent

Cash by Ruby Vincent
Series: Saint and Sinners #2
Publication date: March 11th, 2021
Pages: 285

Synopsis:
They ripped me from my safe, perfect world and bound me in chains.

Now it's Cash's turn. The cold, hard, analytical leader has a problem he needs me to solve, and he's not asking.

I'm driven deep into the world of cons and corruption. I can't tell if anything around me is real. Least of all the smiling, pleasant people.

Someone is playing us for a fool, and it might be me.

The time will come when I have to make a choice: Right or wrong?

Love or money?

Me or Cash?

All I know is, one way or another, the war between us will end.

Cash is a dark contemporary why choose romance. This is book two of four in the series and features language, dark themes, and sexual scenes. If you're cool with that, dive in!

Available at:



Review:
The mask of who Adeline actually is and what her motives are is firmly in place but one of The Merchants isn't buying her act. She has Sinjin and Brutal firmly under her thumb with copious amounts of sex and sweetness and Mercer won over even if nothing physical has happened between them yet. But Cash... Cash is a hard nut to crack. Adeline knows she has to put his mind at ease if she is to accomplish her goal of retrieving the ledger and taking her place as the Queen of her town, but Cash is not going to make it easy. Cash is not above following Adeline's every move and wait for her to slip up so he can prove to his brothers that she was never meant to be allowed into their world. 

However, Adeline has been skilled in manipulation and trained by her father in the ways of the criminal underworld so is not to be underestimated. Even the love she feels for Cash and her boys can't keep her from going after what she feels is rightfully hers. Partnered with her adoptive sister and best friend, she strives to piece the puzzle together to find out who the owner of the ledger actually is. The twists and turns they confront along the way leave them questioning everything they know and who they actually can trust in the long run.

Will Cash find vindication in proving Adeline is more than what she seems, or will he also fall victim to to the love his brothers are already experiencing? And will The Merchants and Adeline be able to head off the bloodthirsty gangs who are hot on the heels of the ledger or are they doomed to lose everything?

It took me a minute to realize that each book named after each of the men are aimed to show the connections formed between Adeline and them. I really couldn't stand Cash in the first book. He was just an alphahole with little redeeming qualities that I could see. But I was able to see a bit deeper under his own cold exterior to see the heart beating below. Cash is just protective of those he cares about and will do anything to keep them safe, even at the detriment of his own best interests. His connection with Adeline, while difficult to get started due to his own reservations, was livewire you just have to grab onto and ride out. 

I thought I would have a problem with the overwhelming change between who Adeline pretended to be and who she really was but I grew to love that she was a badass of her own making. She was able to defend herself easily with little to no assistance from her handsome men. I don't like damsels in distress. I want heroines who can take care of themselves and even save their own men from harm. 

I loved Cash more than I would have thought. It was nice to see the human iceberg melt under the love of a good woman.