Thursday, December 29, 2022

Review: Her Sinners by Sarah Bale

Her Sinners by Sarah Bale
Series: Devil's Regents MC #3
Publication date: July 28th, 2020
Pages: 302
Spice: 🔥🔥🔥🔥

Synopsis:
Ghosts...
I'm the girl with a past that's come back to haunt me. I've spent years trying to move past the trauma that he inflicted on me. There were moments I didn't think I'd live to see the next day. I thought he was dead. I was wrong. So wrong.

Enemies...
The Devil's Regents MC has sworn to protect me at all costs. But they don't know the monster we're facing. Deep down, I fear the four men who hold my heart won't see me the same way when they find out what he did to me. That they'll see me as soiled goods.

Sinners...
I've spent my whole life thinking I was dirty. Broken. Lost. Not good enough. That ends today. With my men at my side we're going to take down the fucker who hurt me and show him that sinners wear many different faces. And then I'm going to end this once and for all.

**This is a motorcycle club, reverse harem romance and contains situations that some readers may find offensive. Reader discretion is advised.**


Available at:




Review:
Once again Olivia is sent away from her men to try to avoid her father's involvement in her life. She is put in witness protection of sorts where she is still living under the same name and going to the same school but she is moved from safe house to safe house all the while seeing very little of her MC lovers. The fear and trepidation Olivia feels only enhances when she finds out that Bash has gone off the deep end and ran away from the aftermath of him extracting information from one of Olivia's stalkers. Nobody knows if he is ever coming back and her men can do nothing but wait him out until Razor gets sick of watching Olivia stress over his absence and goes after Bash himself. But can he bring him home? Will Olivia's father end up getting his hooks back into her as he attempts to evade both the Feds and the MC? And will Olivia be able to stay away from her men longer than the first time?

The conclusion of Olivia's trilogy seemed to move along at a pretty steady pace but there were times when it dragged a bit. There was nothing they could really do to combat Olivia's father being back other than just sit and wait for him to make a move. To his credit Olivia's dad was smart enough to not make a move right after announcing the fact he was still alive. That would have gotten him caught far too easily and caused the final book to be a bit more of a novella. 

I was not a huge fan of the fact that once again we find Olivia isolated from her men "for her own safety". You'd think they'd want her close by so that they can protect her instead of just throwing her at the Feds and saying "well, good luck!" Even Olivia felt like the whole display of distancing themselves again was bullshit. Eventually they realize that being separated is going to do them more harm than good. So they try to get Bash to come back and pull Olivia back into the fold. 

I feel like a lot of the good feelings I had for Olivia and her men kind of depleted with this book. Between Bash running off to die because he couldn't handle the fact he killed someone, Saint once more keeping Olivia at arm's length to try to "keep her safe" and the Feds running around like they have no idea what is even going on, I just lost all the warm and fuzzies I had for the cast. 

I will not be continuing on with Jas's books because I didn't find her to be that great a character and I am kinda ready to move on from that world. This was not the worst book I have read but with all the other books I have read lately, it is definitely not the best either.