Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Review: Her Saviors by Sarah Bale

Her Saviors by Sarah Bale
Series: Devil's Regents MC #1
Publication date: February 25th, 2020
Pages: 273
Spice: 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Synopsis:
Broken...
I'm the girl who hides in the shadows where it's safe and no one can touch me. I've spent the last six years trying to fade into the background, but one knock on my door changes everything. It's time to pay on a promise I made the day my life was saved.

Lost...
It sounds simple enough. Go undercover at the Devil's Regents MC and just listen. See if I hear anything worth mentioning to the Feds. But then I meet Saint and his three club officers and things aren't so clear. Because they make me feel. And that's something I haven't done in a very long time.

Saved...
A rival club threatens everything Saint and his men have worked so hard to build and they won't go down without a fight. So I'll stand with the four men who saved me and, together, we'll protect those around us. And at the end of the day they'll see just how far I'll go to keep them safe.

***This is a motorcycle club reverse harem romance and contains situations that some readers may find offensive. Reader discretion is advised.***


Available at:




Review:
Olivia thought she had finally gotten her life under control. She had escaped a very harrowing childhood and made something of herself that nobody in her family had ever believed possible. She had not only graduated high school but she was a straight A student in college. She was rooming with a great roommate and they were encroaching on their summer vacation. Olivia isn't sure where she is going to go for the 2.5 months she has off and can't live in the dorm but the Feds have another idea for her. They request that she repays them for their help in saving her life by going in as a spy in the Devils' Regents MC Club. She is to act as their bartender and dig up as much dirt as she can for the Feds to use in sussing out the club's illegal activities. Little does Olivia know that when she arrives at the MC's clubhouse that she would be met with not one but four burly, handsome officers who have a vested interest in her safety from the moment they lay eyes on her doe-eyed expression. But Olivia is not as angelic as they would like to believe. Her past has made her predilections a bit more dark than the virginal role they cast her in. But there are forces working against the club that not even Olivia was prepared for and could be her downfall with the men who have finally made her feel something for the first time.

Olivia was a connundrum. One minute she is nervous to be in situations with aggressive men and the next she is doing things that are incredibly dangerous to feed the dark need within her. She walks this line of between angel and succubus that is really interesting to watch. And when she turns those dark needs on her men, watch out. The heat from their chemistry will explode off the page and singe your eyebrows. She is a very likeable character because despite her issues she cares about people around her. She will do whatever she thinks is best in the current situation. She felt repaying the Feds who saved her was best until she saw her actions starting to hurt the people around her. Then the moral dilemma turned to her refusing to do anything that caused more pain even at the jeopardy of herself. She was a class A heroine and I absolutely love her.

Of the four men: Saint, Razor, Bast, and King I definitely had a bit of a soft spot for Razor. I feel like he is the type that will become absolutely unhinged in his need to do anything he can to make Olivia happy. He started out as being a bit stand-off-ish with her unlike Bast and Saint but ultimately I think he is the one who will ultimately be her ride of die until the end. I also love that he craved intimacy with her from the very start. It wasn't just him thinking she was cute. He wanted something deeper and was not afraid to ask for it. Grade-A Adorable. 

I think that as far as shortcomings go I feel like if Olivia would have played a bigger part in the sharing of intel with the Feds then maybe I would have felt her angst over having to choose between ratting on them or sticking by them a bit more. I didn't feel she shared all that much with the agents to cause her role in the betrayal to be that big a part. If that would have been enhanced a bit more it would have added a lot more drama into the mix.

But the story was a good start to what I hope to be another favorite series.