Monday, December 26, 2022

Review: Gears & Fears by Adell Ryan

Gears & Fears by Adell Ryan
Series: Hell for Leather #2
Publication date: May 24th, 2022
Pages: 258
Spice: 🔥🔥🔥🔥

Synopsis:
Have you ever been simply existing one day, and the next, your world is turned upside down?

Amazing how your whole life can change in a matter of twenty-four hours.

Dreams dissolve.
Love shatters.
Addictions relapse.

Hell for Leather motorcycle club finally broke me.
By stealing everything important to me, they took what little energy remained in my weary soul that I needed to get through my final Bike Week as their exotic muse and crushed it beneath their hot, roving tires.

Now, the men who once held a special place in my heart are using me, holding hostage what is most precious to my existence and making me work for its redemption.

I was tired before, but that was nothing.

Time to put on the show of my life.
Time for one more "dance."

She finally finds a home in the arms of a boy who becomes her entire world.
But six years later, a devastating tragedy rips her fairy tale to shreds,
And plunges Sunshine's life into darkness.
Falling in love had been easy.
But trying to live without him is like trying to breathe without air.
Until they walk into her life and change everything,
Now the woman who clawed her way out of the dark
Might just get a second chance at finding her happily ever after
But with a war heading for Carnage
It seems fate hasn't finished with her yet...

Please be advised that this book may cause shallow breathing, exploding ovaries and spontaneous disintegration of panties. As a result, all readers should be over the age of 18 and refrain from reading in public places.

Trigger warning: This book contains swearing, violence, and scenes that some readers may find uncomfortable. As with the previous books in the series, Sunshine ends up with more than one love interest, but you'll have to read The Crown of Fools to find out who they'll be because I'm sneaky like that.


Available at:




Review:
Lace has been open and willing to do anything Hell for Leather asked of her. She would sacrifice her body and dreams for them but when they only seem to want more and more from her, she wonders when it will ever be enough. Her H4L men are on a mission and for some reason that mission leads directly to everything Lace holds dear. Without much ability to fight them all she has to give in and just hope that when the rally is over and they go home that she will have enough of her sanity left to free herself from the oppressive hold their club has on her. But there seems to be something bigger than all of them at work and Lace is the main focal point of it all.

This girl just keeps getting smacked down and laid low but it never keeps her down for long. Even when everything seems hopeless she still finds a way to power through it. She is incredibly strong. But I really don't like the way the guys treat her. One minute they are caring and acting as if she is it for them and the next they are treating her like any old whore they could pick up off the street. It is really hard to keep up with who feels how strong for her and to what degree is it just them wanting to get their rocks off. I do believe there are a few in the group that genuinely have a thing for her and others who simply like what she can give them in the equation. Their relationships don't read like traditional love stories. There is no hearts and rainbows where any of them are concerned; not even with Lace herself. 

The mysteries become even more hard to follow in this book but by this time most of the foundation story is covered so I didn't feel quite so lost in the details. Even after completing the second book in the trilogy I am still scratching my head as to what Kal has up his sleeve and ultimately who the actual big baddie is.

I was thoroughly surprised by the debauchery Zane engaged in in this book. I thought he'd offer a bit more resistance but it didn't take Lace long to wear even the most devote of the brothers down it would seem. I do think Zane is by far the more healthy of the love interests for Lace. 

The cliffhanger in this book was terrible! I have to wait until April 2023 before I can know what happens next! Ms. Ryan is an evil woman, but I am glad I didn't give up on the series. It's proving to be well worth the read.