Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Review: The Princess of Chaos by Candice M. Wright

 

The Princess of Chaos by Candice M. Wright
Series: Underestimated #2
Publication date: February 7th, 2020
Pages: 378
Spice: 🔥🔥🔥🔥

Synopsis:
Once upon a time there was a princess...
But that's where this fairytale ends
My castle was a compound,
My subjects - a bunch of rowdy bikers
And the villain of this tale was my father, the king.
When a brutal attack leaves me no choice but to flee, I find myself cast out and alone.
Six years later I'm dragged back to hell as nothing more than a pawn
But I'm not the same girl that ran
So I'll play their game
But not by their rules
Because this time I won't go down without a fight
It will take more than Knight's on chrome horses to break me.
The Princess has returned
And it's time to take back my crown.

Please be advised that this book may cause shallow breathing, exploding ovaries and spontaneous disintegration of panties. As a result, all readers should be over the age of 18 and refrain from reading in public places.

Trigger warning: This book contains swearing, violence, and sexy fun times with not one but three bikers.


Available at:




Review:
Megan never planned on going back to the place she had ran away from after her attack that left her deaf. But when her best friend Luna gets dragged into the world of MCs and Megan gets caught in the crossfire she is used as a bargaining chip to cement peace between two rival crews. She would do anything for her friend... even return to hell with three droolworthy men who make her question everything she knew about the crew she left. Throughout her stay she is tested over and over again. The people she thought were her allies turn out to be no worse than the enemies that sided with her attacker. But through the affections of her men she starts to find her place. But some people won't let the past lie and Megan is the focal point of a revenge plot. Secrets and lies unfold but Megan is determined to wear the crown as the presidents' old lady but heavy hangs the head that wears the crown.

Megan was an interesting character. The thing that I found most unbelievable with the character development is that she is deaf but can speak well enough for everyone to understand clearly without a speech impediment. I am not sure if the fact that she could hear initially and then lost her hearing contributed to that or not. Also it was never really explained how she lost her hearing other than her taking a severe beating. I wish that her deafness would have been addressed a little bit more. But I did like how strong Megan was. Although she did seem to get over her hang-ups pretty quickly in favor of standing her ground and by her men.

As with any reverse harem there is always a favorite for me and in this instance it was a tie between Zero and Grim. Grim is the tortured soul who never thinks he'll be happy again due to his sister missing. Zero is the cheery one. He doesn't take life too seriously and is there to coddle Megan when she needs it after Viper's hard ass puts his foot in his mouth. Zero has a stronger bond with Viper than Grim does so I think I like Grim a bit more due to him being willing to not even second guess backing Megan while Zero may pause to consider Viper's wishes. 

The story was a vast improvement on the first book. The first book, while moderately good, was surpassed easily by this one. It was very well-rounded and thought out. The fact the heroine had a tormented past only made the story more heartwarming when the HEA was achieved. I do like that the books seemed to interconnect a bit without it being so profound that someone couldn't read them out of order if they so chose. It seems Ms. Wright is finding her rhythm with this series and I'm anxious to see how she grows with the rest of the series.