Thursday, March 14, 2024

Review: Their Will Be Done by Logan Fox

Their Will Be Done by Logan Fox
Series: The Sinners of Saint Amos #2
Publication date: June 29th, 2020
Pages: 382
Spice: 🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️

Synopsis:
I didn't just make a deal with the devil... I sold my soul to FOUR of them.

Trinity
Who knew within days of arriving at Saint Amos I'd land myself on the Brotherhood's radar?
Not me.
Not them.
Possibly not even the Universe herself. (Of course she's female - I've never met a man as ruthless as her)
The Brotherhood tried to get rid of me. It didn't work.
They tried to get me on their side. I demanded proof.
I should be long gone. Instead, I can't seem to get enough of their black hearts and dark psyches.
Now I have to prove them wrong.
Settle their fractured souls.
And maybe help them find their way back to the light.
Except...
They seem convinced I'll be the one who'll follow them...
Straight into the depths of Hell.

An #unconventional love story with a #whychoose twist

Contains strong language, violence, and sexual situations some may find triggering.
This is the second book in the Sinners of Saint Amos series. Cannot be read as a standalone and ends in a cliffhanger.


Available at:




Review:
Trinity thought that the worst things the Brotherhood could do to her was humiliate her and try to get her in trouble with her teachers. But she was very wrong. Once they have her in their grasp they plan to use her to get what they want out of her childhood best friend and mentor, Gabriel. They believe he is involved with a sex trafficking ring that they were all a part of unwillingly and now they are dead set on finding evidence of his wrong-doing so they can bring him to justice by their own means. But they need Trinity to use her connection to the man to find a way to get that evidence. And if she fails, they will make her life even more miserable than it already was. What is Trinity to do but take up the mantle of the Brotherhood's little spy and betray the man who she can't fathom having any part in such dastardly deeds.

I feel this book had a lot of character growth in it which is why I found it to be the best of the bunch. Trinity slowly started to learn to have a backbone. She started arguing and fighting back when she used to be incredibly meek. She pushed against the Brotherhood's bullying ways and tried her damnest to assert herself even though she was not likely to succeed. Apollo started stepping away from his need to place a camera or device between him and people to avoid forming any connections. He was one of the first to openly act like he cared about Trinity in any way. Reuben, after being in the middle of a situation that made him lash out and hurt some of his foster sisters in the past, was petrified of hurting women. Him being extreme in his proportions below the belt made it so he never slept with a woman before Trinity. Cass has always been impulsive and had an addictive personality. He was able to start learning to practice some patience and watch things play out before jumping into the middle. And finally, Zach, started to learn that hurting people came with consequences and he needed to be prepared for what those consequences could cost him.

There were a lot of sexual undertones between the boys, especially Zach and Cass. I kept squirming wondering if that was going to take place but in book it never did. I was really sure it would. There were homosexual scenes between background characters and even one with Zach but it wasn't with one of the main boys of the story. I don't know why it was never discussed between Trinity and the others what happened with Zach and the other male if it was such a pertinent scene to be added, but I guess Zach's sexuality wasn't important in the grand scheme of all the drama that unfolded.

There wasn't a lot of drawbacks in this book. I liked that it gave some development in the characters and their relationships, as well as progressing the underlying mystery to the point where I grabbed the next book as soon as I closed this one because I needed to know what happened! The bullying in the book can touch a bit on the dub-con/non-con vibe so be careful when reading it if those things trigger you. Things got pretty dicey for Trinity in a lot of scenes but it felt more about the boys fighting their own instincts and demons than fighting against the female protagonist. I think this was a great next installment for the trilogy.