Monday, July 12, 2021

Review: Anarchy by Tate James @TateJamesAuthor

Anarchy by Tate James
Series: Hades #2
Publication date: March 26th, 2021
Pages: 369

Synopsis:
Anarchy is the SECOND in a new Shadow Grove series. Several characters cross over to the Madison Kate series but it is not necessary to read MK's story first. HADES is a contemporary new adult reverse harem series, which means the leading lady has several love interests and never has to choose in order to find her HEA.

◆◆◆

Five years ago, I made a choice that I haven't regretted a day since. I protected the single most important person in my world, my little sister. I protected myself, and I seized control of the Tri-state Timberwolves.

Since then, I've wielded that power with an iron fist. Done whatever it took to take care of my people. Kept us out of the public eye, and kept us safe.

Now a ghost from my past is threatening my position. 
Challenging me. Peddling their poison and breaking my rules. 
Stabbing at me in the dark.

Blowing up my fucking club.

But this last attack has taken it one step too far. They have no idea the lengths I'll go to protect what is mine. And Lucas? He's mine.

They want anarchy? They haven't seen anything yet.

◆◆◆

Anarchy is book TWO of FOUR in the Hades series.


Available at:



Review:
This author really knows how to dig her claws in so that when one book in her series ends you actually scramble to find the next book to avoid the cliffhanger. My kindle app is so full of books it is slow to process returning a Kindle Unlimited book and renting a new one. So I literally spent two minutes cursing at my device to stop lagging so I could download this book. Lucas was captured! He needed me to read on so he wasn't left in turmoil! Yeah, that's the excuse I'm going with. 

Lucas being captures was just one of the many instances of Hades' being tormented by her least favorite ghost. Having thought she killed him long ago, apparently the guy just did not want to stay dead. He is bent on taking everything that Hades holds dear away from her so that she can feel the pain she inflicted on him. But Hades is not a delicate flower that will roll over and take the punishment inflicted on her, she is a fighter. While her nemesis is ten steps ahead at any given moment, Hades will stop at nothing to protect the people she cares about.

While also battling to keep herself and her loved ones alive, Hades also has to navigate the tumultuous waters of her love life. Lucas has a way of breathing life into her so she no longer is able to be this cold and calculated killer. Cass lets her let go of the reins of having to be in charge of everyone and everything at all times. Zed is the one she can trust with everything, but she struggles to give him complete reign over her heart. Each plays a vital roll in her life but will she be able to keep all of them or will a betrayal unlike any she has ever suffered bring an end to those she holds dear?

I stated before that I had a hard time figuring out how the three guys would come together to be able to form a reverse harem as is expected. I am starting to see the foundation of that relationship in this book. Lucas is becoming the lovable little brother both Cass and Zed want to protect. Cass is shown in a particular scene to even comment on the reverse harem dynamic as "and I thought I wouldn't be into this poly shit." Zed is the hold out but we always have to have one. Archer was the one in Madison Kate's series. At least Zed is a little less verbally abuse... I am loving the slow build of this relationship even more than the one that was already kind of build with MK where she just stepped into a brotherhood easily.

Secondly, trying to avoid spoilers but... THAT ENDING! Tate James what are you doing to me?! My heart is racing even as I type out these words and my fingers are tingling to dive into the next book in hopes what just played out across the pages of my Kindle app is wrong. You evil mastermind!

Anarchy is the second installment of a budding reverse harem to the strongest gangster leader to ever grace the romance genre. It'll have you crying, swooning, and giggling from one page to the next.