Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday (3)


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Artsy Reader Girl and features different book related themes each week. This week the theme is:

Top Ten Favorite Book Quotes





"Shadows" by Paula Weston
"I know exactly who I am. It's everyone else who seems to be having a problem."





"Uniquely Unwelcome" by Brandy Nacole
"Everyone looks at me like I'm stark naked standing on a glacier petting a penguin."





"Beautiful Disaster" by Jamie McGuire
"Make way! Move it, people! Lets make room for this poor woman's hideously disfigured, ginormous brain! She's a fucking genius!"





"Rule" by Jay Crownover
"Opposites don't just attract they freaking catch fire and burn the entire city down!"





"Deeper" by Robin York
"My heart is so light, I think it might be made out of air. It might float up and escape through the gap between my front teeth."


"Forgiving Lies" by Molly McAdams
"'I forgine you, but no more lies.'"
'None.'
She leaned away and propped herself up on an elbow. 'I'm serious, Kash. Not even the forgiving lies to save me from getting my feelings hurt. If I ask you if my butt looks big, you can't lie.'
'Woman, you barely even have an ass. that was the worst example you could have used.'"





"Hard As It Gets" by Laura Kaye
"Happiness wasn't something you found, happiness was something you made--by living in the moment, by cherishing the people in your life right now, by finding the courage to change those things you didn't like."





"Invisibility" by Andrea Cremer & David Levithan
"People say that time slips through our fingers like sand. What they don't acknowledge is that some of the sand sticks to the skin. These are memories that will remain, memories of the time when there was still time left."




"Spark" by Brooke Cumberland
"You are going to experience hurt, fear, pain, and possibly even heartache, but that's life. You stand back up, and you begin again. It's not easy. It sucks. And it might damage you, but that's how you build a thick skin. You take what life hands you, and you do your damn best to survive."





"Red Rising" by Pierce Brown
"Man cannot be freed by the same injustice that enslaved it."



Next week's theme:

Top Ten Books That Surprised Me (in a good or bad way)