Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday (2)


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Artsy Reader Girl and features different book related themes each week. This week the theme is:

Top Ten Books I Could Re-Read Forever

"Lover Eternal" by J.R. Ward
I love all The Black Dagger Brotherhood books but Rhage will always have a special place in my heart. I could read his love story with Mary over and over again without ever tiring of it and I have. I have read the series 3 times now and am hankering for another go through.

"The End" by G. Michael Hopf
I read this on a whim for a book tour and absolutely fell in love with the series. The author even read my review and thanked me for my positive feedback. Not only did that make me feel appreciated as a reviewer but also just hammered home the fact that the book was astonishing. I am normally a romance buff but this book made all the mushy books pale in comparison to it's might.






"Feed" by Mira Grant 
 This was one of the first books I openly reviewed (I think, it's been a while...). It took the token dystopian zombie novel and incorporated the blogging world. The only way to transmit information in this new world is through blogs and news stories. This made my little blogger heart pitter-pat with how much importance was placed on something I am so passionate about. It's really am amazing read if you love zombie novels.

"After the Ending" By Lindsey Fairleigh & Lindsey Pogue
This was my first dabble into the New Adult genre after a long stint of never wanting to touch a romance novel. I didn't really thing there WOULD be any romance what with zombies running around but there seemed to be a small dose of it underlying. That small taste of romance made me want to read more of the swoon-worthy love stories in that particular genre.
"Jet" by Jay Crownover
Another book given to be for a book tour that I fell in love with. I have read this series 2 times now and Jet was by far my favorite Marked Men in the series. Maybe it's the rock star aspect of him that gets me a bit twitterpated. Who doesn't love a hot man with tattoos and a guitar?








"Wait for You" by Jennifer L. Armentrout
I got into Jennifer L. Armentrout with her young adult Lux series. When she announced that she was going to start writing New Adult I had to try it out to see if she could hack it in a more mature genre. Not only did she do so with this book series, but she far exceeded the love I had for her with her young adult writing.

"The Queen of the Tearling" by Erika Johansen
My taste in genres tend to change with the seasons. I did have a phase where I would read nothing by Fantasy novels. This was one of them. It was also a book given to me for a book tour. I seem to find all my hidden gems I love on book tours. Definitely need to do more of them.

"Breaking Nova" by Jessica Sorensen
Jessica Sorensen is an absolute goddess of New Adult books. This one handles a very controversial subject of drug addiction and how it shapes a person's life and their relationships with people. It was the first book I had ever read that touched on such issues and it was absolutely heartbreaking, but in the best way possible. 

"Splintered" by A.G. Howard
I adore retellings. An author taking a story that everyone knows and twisting it into something completely different. This was a retelling of Alice in Wonderland which is my favorite book. Also, it doesn't really contribute to my love of this book, but this cover art is beautiful.

My favorite point in time was the roaring twenties. Everything that we find mainstream today was taboo back then. The desire to live one's life the way they want to live it but also abiding by unrealistic social norms? Who wouldn't love something like that? Dollface was just such a tale of a determined girl wanting to live beyond settling down with a husband who can take care of her. 



Next week's theme:

Top Ten Favorite Book Quotes