Tuesday, February 17, 2015

New Beginnings

We are currently in the midst of developing the site, designing some key graphics we will need for our posts and getting everything settled for the upcoming launch of the site. We are working as fast and as hard as we can.


As of right now, let me introduce our bloggers a little. My name is Danielle. I have been blogging for about two years on a site called Ladybug Literature. As it stands, I have not decided whether to give up the old site in favor of the new one or continue on with both. I am a Romance and coffee enthusiast and will be reviewing mainly that genre for this site. This is not to say that there may not be undertones from other genres that I will read too, but... Romance is my genre du jour. 


My review rating icons are coffee cups (naturally). They are on a scale from one to five, with one being cringe-worthy and five being spectacular. 


David is my boyfriend. People usually tell you not to mix business with pleasure, but they said nothing about hobbies. David has always been into the Science Fiction and Fantasy genres (what I call the 'guy' genres). He recently branched out in a bit of Paranormal Romance due to yours truly but he would prefer his usual genres.


David has never blogged before but he has a way with words (both in writing and speaking). When we discussed a new blog theme we settled on something that encompasses our two favorite beverages. Coffee and Tea. And thus, his rating system became that of his favorite drink. He, too, uses a one to five rating system.


Bryan was actually only recently added to the blogger roster. When he got word that I was starting up a new book review blog he asked about reviewing zombie books and books that could be found in the Horror genre. It was his idea to elect a single person for each of the genres in hopes of covering most of the books that need promoting. Bryan also has never blogged before but he's willing to learn and seems completely passionate about the job... It also helps that he can read all the gory books that I can't really stomach.


Bryan is Canadian and loves Tim Horton's coffee. To avoid copyright issues we thought of an alternative. To-go cups that are similar to his beloved brand.


So that is us. Check back for more updates closer to the time we launch and please follow us. We have an array of ways to do so off to the left of the page. We hope you enjoy our site and can handle the wait for just a bit longer!


4 comments:

  1. Ha, I love how everyone has their own beverage rating scale! Am looking forward to reading more posts (:

    Also, great job at getting guys to blog. The book blogosphere can do with some more male bloggers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been blogging now for about two years and I have to tell you, I am looking forward to being able to shove some of the responsibility onto someone else's shoulders periodically lol.

      Due to having a new blog with all new social media accounts I went and made sure to follow you every way possible on your own blog.

      - Danielle

      Delete
  2. This sounds really great. I love the diversity. And yay zombies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not against zombies but I don't have the passion for them as Bryan does lol :)

      - Danielle

      Delete