Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Review: Savage Kings by L.M. Harrison

Savage Kings by L.M. Harrison
Series: Savages of Kingsworth #1
Publication date: August 8th, 2022
Pages: 406
Spice: 🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️

Synopsis:
Three beautiful, cruel boys rule Kingsworth Prep. And I'm the girl who almost ruined them...

It all started with that video I posted of them--you know, the one that went viral. But that was before I knew who they were.

Ezra Covington, Bellamy Thorn, and Dashiell Laurier.
Three untouchable royals who were just... well, royally touched.
Three gorgeous, ruthless kings used to getting exactly what they want.

Now they want me.

They want my screams against their mouths. My ruin beneath their fingers. My demons exposed to the world.

Little do they know, my demons bite back.

And that makes me just as savage as any king.

WARNING: Savage Kings is a bully romance that contains graphic content and situations that might make some readers uncomfortable. It is a reverse harem novel, meaning the heroine has more than one love interest. It is book 1 in the Savages of Kingsworth series and ends in a cliffhanger.



Available at:




Review:
Grace wishes she could take back the moment when she decided to video a couple of devastatingly sexy rich assholes who chose to insult and harass her and her sister one night. Once the video went viral the wheels were set in motion and there was nothing Grace could do to stop them. She was to attend the prestigious Kingsworth Prep alongside the boys from the video at the decree of one of their fathers and she would get the education she so badly needed. Otherwise her, her sister, and her nephew would be out on the streets with no hopes of finding a place to live again. Grace has no choice. She must enter the bowels of hell and hope she can make it through without irreparable damage. However, as soon as she shows up she knows she is unwelcome. The three boys she videoed are the kings of the school and they are decreed that she is to be hated by all. She is untouchable and nobody is to have anything to do with Grace as long as she remains in the school. The torture of her peers isn't so bad, but the tempting draw of the Kings of Kingsworth is another pit of vipers within itself. Can Grace make it out in one piece or will she succumb to their will and their devilishly good looks?

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I found the main female protagonist to be sassy and strong in all the ways I wish I were. If I were bullied even half as much as she was I would have crumbled and sobbed my way back home where I would be telling my sister we have to start looking for a new home. But she seemed to shrug off most of it and stood up for herself when she had to. She had some of the bullies absolutely astounded by the fact that she would actually stand up for herself. I loved that. It gave me a healthy dose of serotonin as someone who was bullied in school myself. The only bullying that I hated was when the guys would engage in it. Seeing them tell her they hate her and she is unattractive and unappealing was just disgusting. All the while they were fighting their attraction for her. Make it make sense, boys! 

I was incredibly disheartened to find out that this was not a complete series and only the first book was released. The cliffhanger made me gasp and I was hurriedly rushing to Amazon to see if the next was on KU. At least I only have to wait until September for the next installment because this story was truly a great read. The only drawback that I found was how many moving parts the story had going. Grace's secrets, Bellamy's secrets, the mystery of the person who shoved her in the cellar, waiting to see what sweet hell Mila will unleash, how Sebastian factors into all this, whether Brandis and Grace were going to be okay, etc. It is a lot to hold out for answers in the next book. However, I will most definitely be picking up the next one. If you like bully reverse harems with a dash of kink mixed in, you'll love this book.