Saturday, February 25, 2023

Review: Finding Brooklyn by Charlotte St. Pierre

Finding Brooklyn by Charlotte St. Pierre
Series: The Club Kings #2
Publication date: February 14th, 2023
Pages: 389
Spice: 🌶️🌶️🌶️

Synopsis:
Aiden, Gideon, Oliver, Jaxon - The Club Kings

The men I now called mine. Despite the threat hanging over my head, we have found our rhythm. I had never been a part of a real family, but if this was what it was, I never wanted to lose it.

Though I don't understand what love is, these men are starting to own my heart, as well as my body. I've found a confidence that I never had before and I can feel happiness shining through me.

I should have known it was too good to last...

Petty disagreements drive me from the home I shared with my men and I find myself back in the middle of danger. When I'm kidnapped and held by my psycho ex, I can't think of anything but my men. But I don't know if I want them to find me, or just leave me to die.

Because after I'm ruined, I'm not even sure they can put me back together again.

Finding Brooklyn is a spicy contemporary "why choose" romance. This is the second in series with no cheating and a happily for now ending.

Authors Note: This is a "Why Choose" romance where the main female will end up with more than one love interest. Please check the trigger warning at the beginning of the book.


Available at:




Review:
Brooklyn was content in her day-to-day life with her men. She was given the attention and affection she had been craving all her life and it had made her open up and step into her own. She owed everything to her men. But when their need to protect her becomes overbearing and one of them starts to pull back suddenly, she wonders if she was just a passing interest for the men in her life. She had their attention now because she was in danger, but would their interest wane once the danger had passed? One of them had already made it very clear that he was less than thrilled with being around her any longer. It is for these reasons that Brooklyn moves back to her old apartment with her best friend. She figured she just needed some space and then, maybe, if they were willing to compromise with her she could return to their home. But she isn't given the chance because her vulnerability of no longer having their ever present protection makes it easy for her psycho ex to kidnap her with the help of a female accomplice. Now Brooklyn doesn't know if once her ex is done with her if her men will even want her anymore. If, that is, she ever does find freedom again.

This book was a lot darker than the first. Granted, her ex was present in that one too and things did get a little tense but this had some major triggers and should be very carefully read by those who have sexual assault triggers. I am glad to see that Brooklyn is a fighter now instead of just bowing to the will of her psychopathic ex. But when her fight gets her nowhere she starts to realize that things are not looking good for her. She may end up damaged goods beyond what she was when the guys found her. It is for that reason that she starts to give up on hope of ever being rescued.

A new man comes on the scene in this book in the form of Jaxon's old friend, Cain. I absolutely loved Cain's energy from start to finish. He was snarky, sassy, and opinionated. He was what would come of Aiden and Oliver having a baby; the dark dominant energy of Aiden with the lighthearted jokester vibe of Oliver. I found him to be my new favorite character and he's not even one of the Club Kings!

Finding Brooklyn touches on a lot of tough subject matter and is a story of reconnecting with loved ones after trauma. It is a story of survival and the lengths people can go to for the ones they love. It was a great second installment in the series and definitely improved on the first book with the grammatical errors. I am anxious to read the next book in the series when it becomes available.