Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Review: Untouched by Jaxson Kidman

Untouched by Jaxson Kidman
Series: Bay Falls High #1
Publication date: August 1st, 2019
Pages: 269
Spice: ⛔

Synopsis:
I'm just the dirty, poor girl...
... with a junkie for a mother.

Now I'm the new girl.
My mother's in rehab and the last person I expect to see takes me in so I don't end up on the streets.
Except... BAY FALLS HIGH is like nothing I know.
Rich. Power hungry. Assholes around every corner. Liars. Cheaters.
And if that wasn't enough...

I have three of the hottest and baddest guys in school after me. I didn't mean to see what I saw to get their attention.
And I swear to them I won't say a word.
But they don't believe me.

I'm not a prize.
I'm a toy.
I know once I'm broken they'll leave me alone...

... but maybe for the first time in my life I'm done with being broken.
Plus, when I find out what they really want from me, I realize that maybe I can be the bitch calling the shots.


Available at:



 Review:
Tinsley Ditkiss with the unfortunate name was no stranger to hardships. She happened upon her mother trying to take her life with a needle in her arm and since that moment her life has been turned upside down. She is now living with an old family friend in possibly the richest neighborhood she has ever seen. For the daughter of a junkie who lived in the slums she didn't know if she was expected to wipe her hands before touching any of the doorknobs or not. As she's catching a breather on the beach she sees something she shouldn't performed by one of the hottest men she had ever seen. While she was sure no permanent damage was done Tinsley still worried about the knowledge she now possessed. Imagine her surprise when she starts school the next day at Bay Falls High and she sees none other than the same hot man who oozes danger. She has seen too much and now him and his two equally as drop dead gorgeous friends have their eyes locked on her. The three of them, the Rulz as they're called, do in fact rule the school and even parts of other schools. They are the final say when anything comes to pass and they have decided to tormenting Tinsley is their new task at hand. Somewhere along the way Tinsley starts to find peace in her new high school existence even with her three new shadows. But nothing prepared her for the fact that the Rulz had a goal that Tinsley knew nothing about. Once she finds out, it is her turn to be the one in control.

I did enjoy Tinsley's sass and out of the boys, I definitely was all for Barr. He was a harsh speaking smoker of a boy to Kip's surfer persona and Pres's silent Hulk demeanor. Barr was one of the few that wasn't afraid to tell Tinsley like it was and while it could hurt her, at least he was honest (when he could be). Tinsley mitigated the waters of the rich and powerful while having three bullies tailing her pretty well. She never gave in or game up. She never wallowed. She was a pretty kickass female protagonist.

The story was intriguing. There is definitely a potential for a lot of twists and turns that could come up through the pages of the next books in the series. However, this book was marketed to me as "smut". It is not. It is very very slow burn if it even burns at all. In fact, there are zero sex scenes in this book. None. Niente. Nada. Sure there were a few "heated" kisses but it was mainly plot with very little chemistry. I kept waiting but it just never came. So, of course, I had to keep reading to the next book. I only hope that the connection is a bit more solid in the next book.