Thursday, September 29, 2022

Review: Unloved by Jaxson Kidman

Unloved by Jaxson Kidman
Series: Bay Falls High #2
Publication date: August 15th, 2019
Pages: 257
Spice: ⛔

Synopsis:
I was the dirty, poor girl...
... now I don't have a care in the world.

The 'new girl' vibe is wearing off, finally.
I'm settling into BFH and what I have over 'The Rulz' is going to make them look stupid.
I agree on a date with each of them.
One by one.
Barr first.
Then Kip.
Finally, Pres.
I'm setting them up in a way I never thought possible...

... until I end up getting too close.

It's never 'just a kiss' with one of them. Or for me.
I feel my heart racing, shaking, wondering what to do next.
I need to end everything. And in a hurry.

Everything I know and have in my life is fake.
And if that goes away, I'm right back where I started.

With nothing.
Except for a broken heart.


Available at:




Review:
Tinsley has decided that she is going to pay the Rulz boys back for their little bet. She will lure them in, let them get close, let them think they have a shot at winning and then at the last second tell them all their bet is over taking something that has already been taken by someone else. She agrees to go on dates with each of them so that she learn a bit more about them and see just what makes them tick. At least that is what she tells herself. She makes herself feel as if she is in control but the more time she spends with them the more she wonders who is playing whom? How can she act unaffected by three boys who have gotten so thoroughly under her skin? And what is she going to do when her entire plan ends up blowing up in her face?

Tinsley has lost a lot of that fire that I saw in her first book. She is a smitten kitten for the three boys and, really, who could blame her. Of course, they all treat her terribly. Even when they are trying to put on a show of being sweet there are times when they lash out and hurt her regardless. But Tinsley, the glutton for punishment, keeps coming back for more and even is disillusioned into believing that she still has the upper hand. Girl... no. Her friends keep warning her that she is getting in too deep and she needs to just tell them what she knows and watch everything explode, but she keeps holding off? For what reason? Unless it's because she knows that once she tells them, any attention they send her way will cease to happen. Ah, yes, that is what the old girl is really thinking. Tinsley is not unaffected. She is in deep. The fact she refuses to see this is maddening.

Once again, the book has no heat. There started to whispers of something brewing but each time it ended like a bucket of cold water being thrown over my head. Hell, at this point I was still hopeful that when things went down that it would be monumental and it would make all the waiting worth it. I hoped. I prayed. I read on to the next book despite my reservations.