Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Review: Filthy Rich Boys by C.M. Stunich @CMStunich


Filthy Rich Boys by C.M. Stunich
Series: Rich Boys of Burberry Prep #1
Publication date: March 27th, 2019
Pages: 382

Synopsis (according to Goodreads):
Break the new girl.
That should be easy, right?
Trash like her doesn't belong at Burberry Prep.
No, Marnye Reed is going down, and we plan to make a spectacle out of it.
Let's see who can make her fall in love first.
Bet's on. Any takers?

***

Take on the filthy rich boys.
They're the idols of the school, veritable gods on earth.
Old money. New money. A rising star.
These guys are nothing like the ones at my old school.
I might come from nothing, but I'm determined to be someone, and I won't let them get in my way.
They say they'll make my life a living hell; I think they mean to keep their promise.

***FILTHY RICH BOYS is a 97,000 word reverse harem/mature high school bully romnace novel. This is book one of four in the series. Contains foul language and sexual scenes; any sex featured is consensual.


Available at:
Free in Kindle Unlimited!


Review:
I said I would make it my mission to read everything that C.M. Stunich put out because I have fallen in love with her writing style. Did you think I was full of shit? Not quite. I saw references to this series in the previous series I read and I wanted to see how many more references there would be to the world I had just left. I loved that these two series tend to run pretty parallel to each other in their timeline. It makes the rumored joint series that is to come even more tantalizing. I have to make myself familiar with all the characters before that comes to fruition of course. 

Marnye Reed is no stranger to bullying and having to struggle every step of the way in her education. She has been beaten down and the butt of every joke and torture that school-age bullies can muster. But these bullies are unlike any she had ever experienced. These are privileged, spoiled, upper-crust bullies who set their sights on Marnye simply for the financial class she hails from. She is nothing more than an insignificant speck and a blemish on the pristine Burberry Prep's reputation. There is no limit to what they will do to her to try to push her away and out the doors of their school. Even take advantage of her easily forgiving nature and tempt her with the promise of love and friendships she's been so desperate to have. But her secrets are nothing but ammunition in their quest for blood. Can Marnye survive four years with the Idols and their Inner Circle or will she fold under their torment and lick her wounds back to the other side of the track where she belongs? Or could she find allies in the same bullies who cause her pulse to quicken and her heart to thunder in her chest?

Marnye is such a pushover throughout this book. I really wanted to stand with her and fight her battles for her since it seemed nobody but her closest girlfriend, Miranda, and their closeted from Andrew were willing to support her and even then those relationships could be ripped from her with the snap of the Blueblood's, a society of elite's who barter and trade in dares, finger. Out of the four boys we are introduced to, Zack, Tristan, Zayd, and Creed, I had a soft spot for Creed. Even when he was throwing out cruel words and participating in the torment of Marnye, there were moments when his eyes would flash with his true feelings on the matter which were entirely different from his actions. I felt that Creed was going along with the torment out of duty and responsibility, but his heart wasn't completely in it. Tristan seemed the cruelest. He seemed to absolutely rip Marnye to shreds. He became the boy I wanted to find redemption the most. Zack I could never forgive because of how far he pushed Marnye in middle school before she came to Burberry Prep. He seemed sorry but... meh. Zayd was just the fun and foul-mouthed rocker you couldn't truly take seriously.

The cliffhanger at the end of this book was terrible. I, once again, had no choice but to pick up the second book immediately. Marnye was down but not out. She may have had some fight in her afterall. I just hope that in the second book she will show a little more backbone and make her tormentors pay. 

Filthy Rich Boys has cornered the market on sexy bad boy bullies you love to hate.

IFeel So Alone GIF - IFeelSoAlone - Discover & Share GIFs