Saturday, June 20, 2020

Review: In the Arms of the Elite by C.M. Stunich @CMStunich


In the Arms of the Elite by C.M. Stunich
Series: Rich Boys of Burberry Prep #4
Publication date: June 7th, 2019
Pages: 394

Synopsis (according to Goodreads):
Choose between the rich boys.
I'd rather face the Harpies than make that choice.
How can my four years at Burberry Prep really be coming to an end?
No, Tristan, Zayd, Creed, Zack, and Windsor are everything to me right now.
My strength, my passion, my heart, my empathy, my joy. 
Love is a cruel master, but I have no one to blame for this but myself.

***

We fell in love with the charity case.
Idols of the school, the kings of the campus, and we're nothing without her.
Marnye Elizabeth Reed.
This girl has twisted our world upside down, but the Infinity Club is about to knock us all on our asses.
Big money, political ties, family bonds, obligations: shit is going down at the academy.
The rest of our lives, the rest of her life... it all comes down to this one, final moment.

***IN THE ARMS OF THE ELITE is a 95,000 word reverse harem/dark high school bully romance novel. This is book four of four in the series. Contains foul language and sexual scenes; all sex featured is consensual.


Available at:
Free in Kindle Unlimited!!


Review:
There are times in every reader's life where they reach the ending of a truly stellar series and they contemplate whether they should read the last book or forever keep the loose ends... loose. Some series, such as the Harry Potter series, I adamantly refuse to finish. I have not read the 7th book and I will not! Harry Potter's book world will never end for me and I seriously considered doing that with this series. I didn't want to watch their world slowly shut down until all I had were the memories of the stories and the characters. Who was I gonna swoon over if I didn't have Creed, Windsor, and Tristan? But... if I was going to openly review the first three books, I owed it to myself to see where it all ended and be able to see whether I can say I am satisfied with the closure provided or desperately needing more to move on.

Marnye and the boys are quickly approaching graduation. They are still avoiding the dangers ensconced in their interactions with the Harpies and the Infinity Club all the while Marnye is srying to decide which of her boys she wants forever with. Tristan is definitely the one she fought hardest for, Zayd is the one she can explore her wild side with, Zack is familiar and safe, Windsor is her best friend as well as stellar lover, and Creed is the one she shared her first time with. All of them compliment her in some way and fulfills a part of her soul that she feels she'd be lost without. But she promised she'd decide at graduation. 

All the while the obstacles are piling up for our heroine. She must try to figure out what the Infinity Club is up to and seek revenge. Lizzie, Tristan's ex, shows her true colors and her driving force behind everything she does in a truly maddening scene that ripped any sympathy one could feel for her away. And Maryne's sister has sided with the Harpies in an attempt to make Marnye pay for simply existing. This is a lot even for a super protagonist and her 5 lovers. Can she find a way through it or will she lose everything?

I am still #TeamCreed. I will always be #TeamCreed. However, I really didn't want Marnye to choose any of the boys. I wanted her to have them all as they did actually support her in very different ways. And the stuff that Lizzie pulled? Made Harper almost look angelic. 

I felt for a final book this really did wrap up any loose end that may have still been there throughout the 3 other books. I could walk away from the world of Burberry Prep with a comforting sigh of contentment without worrying that things wouldn't work out for the protagonists in the fictional future. The only shortcoming I could find would be just the logicality of the final stand-off. It seemed a little bit too angst ridden for it to seem real. That would be the only drawback I could find. All in all, very good conclusion.

Animated gif about love in XOXO, Gossip Girl by tessa