Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Review: Resurrect by Bex Dawn

Resurrect by Bex Dawn
Series: Los Diablos Syndicate #3
Publication date: December 5th, 2022
Pages: 486
Spice: 🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️

Synopsis:
Prequel: Crash
Book 1: Burn
Book 2: Evolve

This is a reverse harem, mafia/gang, mystery romance with plot twists/turns, steamy and smutty scenes, hot alpha-possessive-assholes, sweet love, and grungy content. Our FMC goes through it but she definitely has her come back. Her badassery comes through and she becomes a warrior with the support of her men behind her. This will be a four full-length book series with a Prequel Novella that starts the journey off!

This series is a continual series with cliffhangers at the end of each book. The series WILL NOT make sense if not read in order to completion. In the end, we will get a HEA!

Thank you & Enjoy! (Also, check TW's! You have been advised!)

Ella

Will it ever end? The constant battle for survival. Will I ever claw my way out of the darkness that's begging to take me under?
I will. I have to.
Because now that I've had a taste of true happiness and safety, I refuse to let it go.
My entire life, I've been a victim. A pawn in everyone else's messed-up plans.
No more.
I will not cower. I will not hide. I will find my strength, and I will fight.
I found love when I wasn't looking for it--when I'd given up on it, and now that it's in my hands, I'll be damned if I let it be taken from me.
They may have demons of their own, but at the end of the day, they are my demons--my devils.
In a world full of brutality, murder, and destruction, all of us will have to lean on each other to find our way out.
But what happens when the enemies we thought would strike us down, end up being nothing more than distractions from the real threat?
Will we survive together or will it tear us apart? And what about my best friend? Will he find his way into our lives or will he decide to abandon me once and for all?

Stone

Mi Cielo. My Sky. My World.
Mine.
Except, she's not mine.
She's theirs. Until now.
I have waited most of my life to have her back in my arms, in my orbit, in my life. I will not let her go. I will not allow those who haunt her past, to destroy her future.
Isabella is full of secrets and pain. She's spent her life lost in a darkness created by monsters. She needs us, but more than that, we need her.
Enemies are coming from every side in all of our lives. They're hellbent on tearing us apart and taking us down one by one.
But I will not let them.
I may just be the nerdy, quiet tech guru, but I'm still a Devil. I'm just as powerful as my friends, if not more because unlike them, I have something to lose.
If Isabella is taken from us again, we'll all lose her, but they'll also lose me. Because I refuse to live in a world where she does not exist, and that makes me the most dangerous Devil of them all.

This book has content unsuitable for those under 18 and has material that some readers may find uncomfortable. Check the complete TW on my website.


Available at:




Review:
Ella has found her way back home from yet another traumatic experience at the hands of her ex-boyfriend but it would seem there are more facets to this mystery than she ever imagined. A villain from her past is now looking for her and she knows that it is only a matter of time before he ends up catching up with her. This realization brings with it the fact that she will always be looking over her shoulder for the man who destroyed her life. The outcome of this knowledge leads Ella into severe behaviors. One minute catatonic and the next letting herself fall into some old habits she didn't realize she had. She is starting to realize that she needed to be stronger. Even when she had been training before it was as a meek mouse just wanting to learn how to protect herself. Now she needed to be a weapon unto herself and she knew just the men to help her with that. Add to that finding a place for Hunter, her best friend, in her new life and her guys own issues with their syndicate, they all have a lot on their hands. Will they make it out intact or fall apart?

It was about time that they started delving more into Ella's past. You would think that would have been something they focused harder on in the beginning, but it seemed to take a backseat to their need to track down her ex-boyfriend and exact revenge. I am liking that they are starting to show Ella remembering some things through muscle memory even if she doesn't fully know where it is all coming from. I am really curious where she came from and what accident she suffered through. My theory was it was the same accident that the boys went through when they were children but that is just my thoughts. 

Once again I want to punch the lights out of Nyx because he's being so stubborn. However, he does start to ease up a little which is finally some progress. I guess his guilt over what happened to Ella and his role in it really got to him. Look at him go! He can show growth after all. If it's not surprising Nyx is both my favorite and my least favorite. I think I will love him when he loses that chip on his shoulders but for now my favorite title goes to Gage. Got to love a cool and controlled dominant figure.

I think this book was good but it was not as good as the others I have read. And there is a little bit of teasing leaning towards a potential split off from the reverse harem in two of the guys which I am not a fan of personally. I like books where the female is the only focus for each of the guy. Them exploring sexual relations with each other as well just makes me 'meh'. And the hinting in this case made my eyes roll so hard I gave myself a headache. If it weren't for that I probably would have rated it higher. But this my personal impression of the story as it's going. I am unsure if I will read the next installment when it comes out in September or not but if this is the end for me then I do think it was good while it lasted.